Thursday, March 25, 2010

Found Link: Phil Collins talks about his Nerve Damage

While another Genesis tour isn't really in the cards anytime soon, Rolling Stone couldn't resist asking Phil Collins about the possibilities. As you probably know, Phil is suffering from back problems and nerve damage which is not only making drumming extremely painful but also causing plenty of pain in all aspects of his day-to-day life.

A few years ago we were talking about a full Genesis reunion with Peter Gabriel. Now, it seems highly unlikely that we'll ever see the band on stage again, in any form. However, despite all the injuries and scheduling conflicts, nothing is completely rulled out by any member of the band.

Phil Collins on Overcoming Nerve Damage, Future of Genesis : Rolling Stone : Rock and Roll Daily:
"The nerve damage has made more than just drumming difficult for the 59-year-old musician. “I can’t let go of the spoon or the knife when I eat,” he tells RS. “I can’t open a car door. I won’t get gruesome with you, but there’s a lot of things I can’t do. I’m left handed. I’m having an operation soon and there’s a good chance of it improving over time.”






No comments: