Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Found Link: Peter Gabriel talks about his new cover album Scratch My Back

He isn't going to show up to Genesis' Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony, but that doesn't mean the man isn't hard at work. While I would much rather see him recording more original material, this upcoming album of cover songs should be a pretty interesting release. This article features Gabriel walking through the album track-by-track, giving us some insight into why these specific songs were chosen for the project. He has me interested, to say the least.

What do you think? Considering how long Gabriel takes to record new material of his own, wouldn't you rather see the man putting his time into original work? He surely isn't getting any younger, and the clock is ticking. I would deeply love a new Peter Gabriel album of original material before time runs out.

Scratch My Back is going to be released on the 15th of February.

No comments: