Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Found Link: Chicago Sun Times kinda likes Peter Gabriel's Scratch My Back

This review sure is lukewarm. As I'm sure you all know by now, Gabriel is missing out on Genesis' Hall of Fame induction ceremony. I'm not surprised and you shouldn't be either. You also shouldn't be terribly surprised by this review. I've yet to here the Gabriel cover album yet so I'm not too sure of my own opinion. I know that I can't take this review too seriously considering Jim DeRogatis didn't like Up. Up is my favourite of Gabriel's solo albums. So now you know.

Jim DeRogatis
In the end, "Scratch My Back" doesn't break new ground, and it is unlikely to win new fans--unless we count some of the folks Gabriel has covered. But it ultimately is a much richer and more satisfying effort than his last studio disc, "Up" (2002), and it shows that he is still willing to stretch, take chances and challenge our vision of the singer we think we've known for more than four decades.


1 comment:

Nedder said...

Jim Derogatis is a famous hack, don't let it get ya down, mate!