Friday, February 19, 2010

Found Link: Listen to Gabriel's new album on The Guardian's website

It's hardly the best sound quality, but if you want to hear Peter's new album before you decide to spend your hard earned money on it, here's your chance. My first impression: piano and orchestra, makes UP look like a heavy metal album in comparison. Not sure if I like it or not yet, but Ill give it a chance. I'll say it again: I really wish he would devote his time to original material instead of these covers. What do you think?

Exclusive album preview | Peter Gabriel - Scratch My Back | Music | guardian.co.uk
For his first studio album in eight years, Peter Gabriel came up with an audacious plan. He decided to cover the work of his favourite artists and, in exchange, they would do the same for him. Scratch My Back is the first instalment of this project, and sees the 59-year-old, ex-Genesis man cover the likes of Radiohead, Talking Heads and David Bowie. The artists whose songs you hear here will be returning the favour by performing Gabriel's songs on a forthcoming album, I'll Scratch Yours.


No comments: