Monday, November 09, 2009

News: Roger Waters wants to tour The Wall in 2010/2011

Look at this picture. He looks terrible doesn't he? Old. Miserable. Just a sad looking aging man. Well, that sad old man is going out on tour again. Could this finally be the long awaited follow-up to his 1992 album Amused To Death? No. Not even close my friends. It seems that he is quite keen on following up the cash grab that was his Dark Side of the Moon tour from a few years ago with a recreation of tour of The Wall. I hate to say this but, it smells like easy money. Wasn't he working on actual new material at some point? He got distracted with his 'opera' Ca Ira and never got around to finishing it. Well it seems that he is all too content to rehash old successes and rake in the dough once again. I expect this tour to be extremely overpriced and yet still sell out before the tickets ever go on sale. A couple of sites are indicating that this is what the old man really wants to do. Now please, could somebody inform me as to how this is acceptable practice? The guy is already a multi-millionaire I'm sure. Could he really be short on cash? Am I completely off base here, or is touring old material nothing but a scam when, as a supposed 'song-writer', he should be releasing and then touring NEW MATERIAL? If he wants to honour the legacy of The Wall, I'd suggest he release one of the many video recordings of the original tour on DVD. A reasonably priced DVD for home viewing is, to me, much more appealing than the prospect of paying hundreds of dollars to sit in the nose-bleed seats of some over sized arena with lousy acoustics listening to the drunken screams of beer-filled aging balding men vomiting all over me and blocking my view....

Now who sounds like the cranky old man? (And I'm in my 20s!!!)

2 comments:

Jen Bear said...

Well said my friend. By no means do I want those old, balding men vomitting all over me!

Anonymous said...

"I'm not as young as I used to be. I'm not like B.B. King, or Muddy Waters. My friend Eric Clapton ... he'll be playing guitar and he'll be on stage 'til the day he dies, because that's what he does."
"I'm not a great vocalist or a great instrumentalist or whatever, but I still have the fire in my belly, and I have something to say. I have a swan song in me and I think this will probably be it."
- Roger Waters