Sunday, November 29, 2009

Found Interview with Steven Wilson: Ambition Rocks

In light of the last link I shared with you, I want you to know that I'm not the only one who is as happy as perplexed by the sudden acceptance of music that does more than provide a steady beat to work out to. Steven Wilson again provides his perspective on the current climate for music. Can you imagine? You are once again allowed to have ambition when working on art! Jeez wiz....

Ambition Rocks - Attention Deficit Delirium
It seems the climate is more open than ever for doing something ridiculously over the top and over ambitious and reaching for the stars. It seems like it’s OK to do that now. I’m so happy about that. I’m so happy that ambition in music is acceptable, but God knows for 20 years it was almost like ambition was a dirty word.


No comments: